Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hello Croup!

Bridget had a rude awakening around midnight last week with a sudden onset of Croup. My poor little thing was in a panic because Croup makes you feel like you can't breathe. We were able to get Bridget a blessing and then, per WebMD, put warm clothes over her PJ's and took her outside for the cool air to help open her lungs up. It really helped but when we tried bringing her back inside the Croup attack initiated once again. So, I volunteered my great husband to sit out on the front porch with her for a couple of hours. I was nice enough to offer him electronic Yahtzee to occupy his time, though.



4 comments:

Susanne said...

Poor Bridget! I hope she feels better soon.

Russ and Suzanne Ballard said...

How'd that work? Did it really work? We always had to take poor Kevin to the hospital due to croop. Is she doing better? Love, mom/G'ma

Megan said...

Is she feeling better? I've heard croup is really scary.... I love that you "volunteered" Patrick to stay outside with her...ha ha...so funny! Give her a kiss from us!

The Hammond Holler! said...

Hey that yahtzee looks familiar! Scotland has one just like it in "his office". Glad she's doing better....