Friday, April 30, 2010

The Best Big Sister

I wanted to post this mainly for journaling purposes....I want to keep a record of Bridget's love for her baby sister Finley. When I was pregnant, Bridget made it very clear that she expected to get a baby brother. After our 19 week ultrasound, Patrick and I talked about how we would "break the news" to Bridget that we were having another girl. Today, while Bridget was holding her 6 months-old sister, she said to me "Mom, if you change your mind and have another baby, I want another sister." I asked why she wouldn't want a brother and she responded with "Because I want another baby as sweet as baby Finley." As a mom, it makes my heart melt to see them together. Finley is the first one Bridget wants to see when she comes home from school each day. When we run errands, Bridget jumps up at each stop to take Finley out of her car seat and hold her. She truly loves her Baby Tootaloo.





Finley has become Bridget's muse for photography. Here are a few photos she took with Finley in a laundry basket. :)



Then I asked to take a picture of the best big sister.


4 comments:

Russ and Suzanne Ballard said...

GREAT PICS! Isn't it wonderful that Bridget is such a TERRIFIC big sister? I bet Avery is also a good big sister, huh? Thank you so much for posting!!!!!!!!!!! Love seeing the girls. Miss them so much. Love, G'ma

Susanne said...

SO sweet! Is she really six months old already? How can it be? She just keeps getting cuter!

Tamsen said...

Bridget is a better photographer than I am! She's looking so big. Love you guys!

The Halls said...

That is SO sweet! Bridget is an awesome big sister (but of course, who wouldn't love such a sweet baby :) hmmmm......another baby sister would be fun, right?