Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Honey!

Today is Patrick's 33rd birthday, and of course I had to do a little post about it! This picture of him was taken his senior year of high school in 1993, about 6 months after we met. Isn't he CUTE!?! I have to laugh about the purple shirt, but hey, fashion changes a lot in 15 years!!

There are so many things I like about my husband; here are a few.....
  • Patrick has the kindest heart of anyone I know. In the 15 years I have known him, he has never, and I mean never said anything to purposely hurt me. Even if we are arguing, he will not resort to "mean."
  • I love that Patrick cried at the birth of our daughters. I love how much he loves us.... one of his frequent sayings is "I just love my girls!"
  • My husband gives THE BEST hugs in the world!! He has big, broad shoulders and his hugs are like bear hugs!
  • He has a great smile....I mean, look at that picture!
  • I love that he is a good balance to me. I am temperamental, he is easy-going. I am a bit of a loner sometimes, he likes to give me the little shove out the door telling me to "have a fun time!" I am interested in science, medicine/holistic medicine, geography, history. Patrick loves economics, politics, sports. It's great to sort of "teach" each other! (although I have to say the money talk goes way over my head!)
  • Patrick has a strong testimony. I am so grateful that we were able to be married in the temple and I loved watching him give our girls their blessings!
  • And I have to say I love how cute my man is!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


5 comments:

Tamsen said...

What a sweet tribute to a fantastic guy. We love you, Patrick! Happy Birthday!!!

Nick and Meg said...

Happy Birthday Patty-poo! Hope you have a great one!!! miss you guys!

Meg

Russ and Suzanne Ballard said...

This was the most awesome tribute to read. We all love Patrick and we're thrilled to have him in our family! You married well, dear daughter! Happy Birthday, Patrick!

Susanne said...

LOVE the purple shirt! :-) Happy birthday, Patrick!

kristenhcubed said...

What a great picture. I'm diggin' the purple shirt but it really needs a mullet. Please tell me the pants had tapered legs.
Happy Birthday, Patrick.