Sunday, July 20, 2008

Helvetia Half-Marathon

My friend Gena convinced me to try to train for a half-marathon. Here we are after the race and it grew to add 3 more of our friends from church! I definitely caught the running bug and will run in another 1/2 this weekend and one more in October.






Here's our "Look! We're all mom's and we ran a half-marathon!" picture. (Missing in the picture are Gena's little boy and Kristin's 3 kids). The thing that cracks me up about this picture is when you look at the little girls....notice how most of them have either messy or, in the case of my 2, unbrushed hair?? That's cause it was the dad's that got the kids ready in the morning! No mom's available to fix their hair!


Gena, my running buddy and tomato-faced me!




1 comment:

Nick and Meg said...

Grrr, I get the tomato-face too when I run or do vigorous exercise. Annoying... you look awesome--SO hot! I am SO impressed with you and your dedication to running and staying in shape! you are awesome--and my inspiration! Can't wait to hear about your future runs.Love ya!