Monday, April 6, 2009

I'm Alive....Barely


Yep, we are expecting baby number 3 and therefore, I've dropped off the face of the earth for a while!!

I'm not really sure why it's taken me so long to update my blog since for the past 6 weeks I've spent 98% of my time not leaving my house. It's been rough, but I'm hoping I'm more than halfway through the worst of it! I'm a few days away from the second trimester, and thank goodness!

We are very excited here in the Mooney household to welcome a new little baby! Avery really has no clue what is going on except that she is spending a great deal of time in the care of others. I think she enjoys the "playtime" but always seems to be very happy when she gets to come back with me for snuggling. Bridget is thrilled to be getting a new sibling and has made it clear that she will be greatly disappointed if it's not a boy... that's a lot of pressure! For the first time, we have decided to find out the sex of the baby, so in about 7 or 8 weeks we'll know!

I can't wait to be over the morning (all-day) sickness, it really is the pits. I feel terrible for my kids who are only getting "Boring, No Fun, Sleeps a Lot, Throwing Up Mom." And I feel terrible for Patrick who has to come straight home from work and turn into Mr. Mom. Poor guy comes home to a messy house and bored kids. And he's missing his formerly affectionate wife, too.

We are so grateful to friends and family who are helping us so much. Nona (Patrick's mom) is taking care of the girls so much for me. And my mom is coming in less than a week to spend time with them too and to help us catch up on the housework. Aren't Mom's the BEST!?!

Oh, and the due date for this little one is October 26th. Did you hear that, people? NOT DECEMBER!! :)

9 comments:

Janabanana said...

You're amazing, Em. Hang in there. We're so excited for you. You've got some wonderful family there in the Mooney household. I just wish you could enjoy your down time and just be babied, instead of feeling sick.

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you and hope the sickness ends soon for you! You are a great mom and this time will go by fast for your kids, they won't even probably remember it! Excited for you and wondering will this baby be more of a mix of you two or will it be another "mini-me" of one of you?! :)

Susanne said...

Yay for another Mooney baby! Can't wait to find out what you're having (and very glad I don't have to wait another six months!). I hope you feel better SOON! Morning sickness sucks. After going through it this last time, I'm about 95% sure that we're only having three kids (although Nate is 100% sure...).

Kareena said...

Hi Emily,
Congratulations on your pregnacy! I am toward the end of my 3rd pregnancy 6 weeks to go, with very swollen feet. I hear you about the sickness, I was sick for the first 20 weeks! I don't wish that on anyone. I have 2 little girls too. Samantha is 4 and Emily is 2. Baby number 3 is a surprise. I hope you feel better soon.
Kareena

Tamsen said...

Good to hear from you, Em! We're praying for you and your sweet family. Thanks for the update.

Russ and Suzanne Ballard said...

Can't wait to be there to help. Hang in there, daughter! Sure love you. mom

Gena Day said...

I'm glad to hear that you are still alive! Please let me know what I can do to help before your Mom comes into town........I went on a run yesterday on our usual route. I had calvin in the stroller and was wishing you were there with me! I miss our runs!!!!!! Oh well, there's always next summer!

Josh n Betsie said...

oh man i hope you feel better soon. It will be great to see who this baby looks like. Since you have a little patrick and a little Emily already. Get well!

Shannon said...

Hey, I didn't know you had a blog! I'm gonna have to add you to my friends list so I can visit more often!

Congrats on number 3!